After sale product care, a breakdown service or insurance?

Assalamu Alaikum,

I have purchased an electrical item from retailer AO.com. As part of the aftersale care, they are offering me AO care as a service in case of breakdowns etc (details below), however this is not part of the original price for the item.

These are the details following my purchase;

"We wanted to tell you more about AO Care, a handy insurance policy that covers your brand new … against accidental damage. For this, we’ve teamed up with Domestic & General who protect, fix and replace the things that keep your home running.
For £5.49 a month, you’ll receive the following benefits:
** Immediate accidental damage cover*
** Breakdown protection after the manufacturer’s guarantee ends*
** Unlimited call-outs with no surprise repair costs*
** Access to a network of approved engineers to help repair your appliance*
** A replacement appliance if it can’t be fixed*
** Exclusive access to the AO Care portal, where you can book and track your repair, and choose a new replacement if needed.*

If you’d like more information about AO Care, give us a call on 0161 235 0510 or click here to find key details in the Insurance Product Information Document and the Terms and Conditions.*"

I am unclear as to whether this can be considered permissable as a breakdown service in the event of repair or is this considered insurance? Seems very grey to me, and I have seen this comparable to car insurance, and breakdown cover as a service.

Welcome your thoughts and hope that you can provide a bit more clarity for myself and others.

Wasalam

May Allah bless you.

This agreement seems similar to a impermissible insurance contract.

And Allah knows best!