Actuary at Consultancy(Insurance Division)

Salam,

I understand that the opinion of IFG is that Insurance is permissable. However, if one adopts the opinion that Insurance is impermissable, would working as an Actuary at a Consultancy firm, such as the big 4, within their insurance divisions be permissable?

That is, working as an Actuary in a Consultancy firm advising and working for their Clients who will be Insurance Companies?

I have viewed this https://youtu.be/EXBptkhl5A0 and from the principles postulated in the video I am under the impression that it is permissable.

Thank you.

Wasalam

May Allah bless you.
Please see the links below:

Regards

Thank you for your reply.

However, I have read those answers previously and it did not answer my question which is why I asked here.

Although IFG is of the opinion that insurance is permissible, this is not the opinion of @Mufti_Faraz_Adam or myself. However, where I have adopted a more lenient approach towards certain type of insurance, this was based on ‘necessity’ rather than being halal in itself.

So in terms of working as an actuary in the insurance division, the answer posted by Mufti Faraz is applicable:

And Allah knows best!