Stock of Israeli companies

Salam alaikum,

Is it permissible to buy and sell shares of Israeli companies?

1 Like

Wasalam

May Allah bless you.
If the company passes the shariah screening criteria, then yes it is permissible.
The fact they are owned by Israelis do not make a company halal or haram. There has never been a prohibition with trading with non-Muslims either.

However, regarding the boycott of Israeli products and companies in protest to their treatments of Palestinians, it is another issue which I think is best answered by a local scholar.

And Allah knows best!

And Allah knows best!

2 Likes

Wa alaykum salaam Omar

Welcome to the forum. I am a member like yourself. Please find my discussion with the Mufti with regards to investing in companies that are complicit in Israel here:

Unethical Shariah Compliant Holdings - Stocks - IFG Islamic Finance Forum (islamicfinanceguru.com)

JzkAllahkher
Nawaaz

Thank you Mufti Bilal, Jazakallahu khairan.

Salam Nawaaz,

I read your conversation in the thread you linked to before I posted. I’m not at all comfortable with investing in Israeli companies over the treatment of Palestinians but I wanted to know the legal ruling.

Wa alaykum salaam wrwb

That’s good- from my experience and research it doesn’t seem that there are shariah rulings against it specifically, which is a shame. The fact that some of these companies are included in the most common shariah funds (iShares Islamic) suggests this. However there may be a general ruling that is being followed to justify this, but I am not aware of it.

Kind regards
Nawaaz