Zakat Question: Should I borrow to pay zakat?

Salaam alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,

If I invest in wahed invest, should I pay zakat yearly with my cash? What if I have invested all of my cash into wahed invest? Should I borrow loan to pay zakat?

Jazak Allah khair!

Wasalam

May Allah bless you.
Yes you can pay your zakat with your cash if you have it accessible. If not then, you can either take a loan to pay the zakat, or pay the zakat in instalments.

And Allah knows best!

Jazak Allah khair for your answer. But can I not pay zakat this year, as taking a loan is a bad decision and you know why. Like, you have that headache to pay it in future. You also need to organize the amount in order to pay it.

When there is a reasonable excuse, some scholars tolerate the payment to be delayed until before the next zakat payment becomes due.
However it is not desirable to delay zakat payment when it is due as other scholars consider it to be a sin to delay the payment even if it is for a valid reason.
Since zakat is also the rights of eligible recipients, if people start to delay its payment, then this would put those recipients in great difficulties too.
I understand that not everyone may have the fund to pay the zakat right away or pay in one payment. But we must also be responsible and plan its payment in advance so that we don’t put ourselves in a situation where we have to delay it.

And Allah knows best!