Crypto Question: Is crypto assets Staking permissible?

Salaam alaekum @Mufti_Faraz_Adam;
Is it permissible to stake crypto assets and earn ROI on them? The companies use different wordings like Reward or Interest to describe the ROI to the asset owner who carried the risk of trusting the asset to the staking platform.

There are 2 forms of staking I have come across -

1. crypto asset is locked and inaccessible to you for a period, with different ROi based on how long the asset is locked.
  2. crypto assets are not locked and you are allowed to withdraw the asset anytime (soft staking).

Example of these types are on crypto.com (which also has an exchange coin CRO) exchange.

To be specific on the crypto assets for staking, I am keen to know if staking CRO coin on crypto.com is permissible in either of the above forms.

Jazakallah

1 Like

Assalaamu alaykum,

I hope you are well.

Based on my understanding of staking, in and of itself, it is not an issue. However, you would have to ensure the crypto you are purchasing and staking is Shariah compliant.

You may read the following to get a better idea:

4 Likes

Is staking with a fixed % return halal?

Although the fixed % remains variable based on demand and project factors.

Wa alaykum salaam,

The entire structure and particulars of the token would have to be addressed before being able to come to a conclusion to this query.

1 Like

Jzk for the response.

Generally speaking, is a Mentioned fixed % (6% for eg) return guaranteed for a set period (per epoch in this instance) halal?

Or if an investment returned a set fixed amount every x days, would this be halal?

A fixed return can be structured in multiple ways. For example, in Ijarah and Murabaha, a fixed return is fine. But in other contracts like mudaraba, a fixed return is problematic, you can only have a fixed percentage of profit share and not a guaranteed return.

4 Likes

Aslalamo alekom,

I have recently started investing in crypto currency and i came a cross Staking and i would appreciate if someone can give me a certain answer if staking is halal or not please?
here is a website where all staking rewards happens

Jazakalah

Wasalam

May Allah bless you.
Please see the link below:

Kind regards

Jazakallah for the response.
I am still not sure as the answer wasnt clear , I would appreciate a response related to the website I have included in my question and also a specific coin called Zilliqa.
I want a definit answer please, is Zilliqa staking halal?

Jazakallah

2 Likes

AWW. Is there any difference from shariah perspective between nominated PoS and delegated PoS that may make one or the other problematic/impermissable?

Salaam,

I am wondering if Staking Ada with Exodus is considered permissible , more info on the stake is here

1 Like

Assalamualaikum

I want to stake crypto. And the crypto that I have is a utility token.

Can I do it?

For a more complete explanation of my crypto structure, you can see this video

Salaam,

I am wondering if Staking Cardano (Ada) with Exodus wallet is considered permissible , more info on the stake is here

Asalamu alaikum, this is my opinion and take on Staking. Please do share your opinion.

My research on is staking halal? - https://youtu.be/M_y4C3q9vfM

My research on the methods to take for staking. @Mufti_Billal and @Mufti_Faraz_Adam, I would be honoured to get your opinion on this video - https://youtu.be/GP4hlrQ9TlI

1 Like

Hello staking Cake in pancakeswap pool is halal ?

2 Likes

Hi There
is stahing cake token in pancakeswap pool is halal or not

3 Likes

This file is Not opening, you have copied this link at multiple places but no link is working.

Is Cake staking on Pancake swap exchange Halal?

1 Like

DEAR @Mufti_Faraz_Adam

Would you please let me know of crypto staling is Halal or not?

Example : CRO , BNB and ADA, ETH?

Please let me know

JAK