Advice on investing

Assalamu Alaykum, just wanted some advice on weather I should consider investing. Im 19 Years old and currently in my final year of alimmiyah alhamdulillah, after completing my studies I hope to get onto an Apprenticeship in IT inshaAllah, my question is would you recommend me to start investing as soon as I start earning or wait after accumulating a large amount?

Walikum as-salam Mubeen,

Welcome to the community.

As a general rule, it’s always good to start investing as early in your life and regularly and keep a long term view - there are no quick rich shortcuts.

I would highly recommend to go through Financial Education: Investment TIPS for Absolute Beginners and ask any questions you may have.

Good luck
Zeeshan

1 Like

Jazakallah khayr I will check it out In’sha’Allah

As-salaamu Alaykum brother.

I hope you enjoy brother Zeeshan’s tips piece as much as I did. It’s very well written and thought through to help guide you in the investment world.

One thing to bear in mind is that you should have accumulated at least six months of your household expenditure as an emergency fund before you invest any money. Naturally, there will be instances where you will need to access your savings unexpectedly and having money in cash for that purpose is better than being forced to encash an investment pot either partially or in whole when market conditions may not be favourable.

May Allah make your aspirations easy for you to achieve.

Barak Allahu Feekum

2 Likes

absolutely.

Very good point brother @Abul_Fazal

1 Like