A signature campaign

Hello all,

Given that we don’t have that many options when it comes to islamic ETF’s , let alone the high expense ratio which is a killer on the long run.

I would like to suggest that the amazing people running this website through their database of subscribers to this website to make a signature campaign to ask big companies like ishares and Vanguard to have islamic options for islamic investors and reasonable expense ratios in the case of ishares.

Let me guys know what you think.

Thank you all.

3 Likes

Excellent idea @Musa_Absi

@ibrahimkhan - any thoughts … we really don’t have many Islamic alternatives and hardly any Sukuks. The fees are also annoyingly very high. This needs to change.

Salaam,

This has been launched recently:-

https://www.hanetf.com/product/10/fund/almalia-sanlam-active-shariah-global-equity-ucits-etf-acc.

Described as “actively managed” but an ETF!

I shares already have this.

Salaams

I agree, Shariah Vanguard Funds with their ultra low platform and fund fees, would be amazing. They offer such funds elsewhere (Malaysia). When I contacted them by email, they said that they do not have any plans to offer these in the UK at present.

If they were to offer these in the UK I would be definitely interested. Their Life Strategy Funds have been described as one of the best in class for those that want to invest in trackers. A Shariah version would be ideal.

1 Like

[/quote] If they were to offer these in the UK I would be definitely interested. Their Life Strategy Funds have been described as one of the best in class for those that want to invest in trackers. A Shariah version would be ideal.
[/quote]

very true, i’m not an expert but we have a lot of muslim investors who would be interested in such funds.

1 Like

Definitely on our to-do this. Completely get the appeal.

I suspect the size of Muslim population doesn’t make it too viable for them.

However, there are other DIY ways to do it which we want to help Muslim investors achieve. Just need to get to that in our roadmap. Lot’s of (exciting) stuff to do before we get to that!